Three lucky winners have the chance to treat their prickly friends with our delicious and nutritious hedgehog food! Prizes also include a hedgehog house to provide the perfect home for hibernating, and a delightful hedgehog feeding dish for the garden or your home!
To enter, simply visit our social media pages to comment, like and share our post!
Three lucky winners will be selected at random. Entries close at midnight on Sunday 8th May
Not on social media?
Don’t worry, you can still enter! Just drop us an e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at Rectory Farm and you will be entered into the draw!
Hedgehog awareness week aims to highlight the problems hedgehogs face, and how we can help them.
There’s some easy, simple steps we can all do in our gardens to help our little prickly pals…
Make a Hedgehog Highway in Fences – roughly 5” x 5” gaps in the bottom of fences or walls should do it, once created you can log these on the BIG Hedgehog Map at www.bighedgehogmap.org
- Create an undisturbed log pile that will offer shelter and food.
- Buy or build a Hedgehog house, click here to purchase our great homes, or see plans at www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/hedgehog-homes to make your own
- Offer food and water – click here for our range of hedgehog foods which provide a nutritious food source for the hedgehogs
- Check areas of your garden carefully before mowing or strimming
- Reduce the use of pesticides and poisons in your garden
- Ensure there is an easy route out of ponds & pools
- Create a wild corner – leave a corner or edge to go wild supplying shelter and natural food for hedgehogs in the form of bugs and grubs